A key feature of the IAE website is the online membership administration system, which considerably simplifies the membership administration for all persons involved. Above all, it enables you to subscribe and renew your membership directly through the website. When you do so, your name and email address are automatically added to the list of current members of the IAE.
- Please fill out the online application form.
- All Applications must upload two references by professionals from within Egyptology or related subjects that confirm the membership status for which they apply.
Applicants for professional membership may alternatively upload a list of three or more publications. In general, these should be entries of the OEB.
- Upon approval, the General Secretary will send you an email including a registration link with payment options.
- Please set your password and pay your membership fee.
- After payment, you will gain access to restricted sections of the IAE homepage.
Categories of Membership
IAE memberships are for individuals only. There are three main categories of membership:
- Professional membership, is open to all scholars having an advanced degree in Egyptology, or in another scientific field but making significant contributions to Egyptology.
- Associate membership, is open to non-scholars with a special interest in Egyptology and/or associated with amateur societies.
- Student membership, open to students at recognized educational institutions, following a degree program in Egyptology.
For further details, please see the IAE Statutes.
An annual subscription is payable according to the category of membership. Students are asked to send a copy of their student identity card, both with their application and with their yearly renewal of membership. IAE members may take out a joint subscription with OEB, with different rates for students and full members. In order to unsubscribe, please send an email to the General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|without access to OEB
|with access to OEB
|1. Professional or Associate member (individuals)
|2. Student and any member from Egypt
Payment of membership fee
The IAE is using PayPal services to manage the member’s payments. Paying your fees with or without PayPal account is possible using a Credit Card or bank transfer.
Since PayPal is available worldwide and in all major currencies, currency conversion into Euros is not necessary. The conversion rate will be according to the time of the transaction.
By doing so, we can reduce the cost of administration to a minimum.
Institut für Afrikanistik und Ägyptologie
International Association of Egyptologists
Email address: email@example.com